Monday, May 17, 2010

Regular update, May 16th

Today I read a bit from Android UI Guidelines, followed by doing Hello World and Notepad Tutorial step by step, very informative :) I also imported to Eclipse the Sample Sync Adapter sample code and poked around, but was sad to realize that the target Android API was 2.0, which means that if I would implement some sync functionality as the last stage of GSoC, the application wouldn't be compatible with older phones. I also hit #ubuntuone and #ubuntu-devel to get these GUI design tools:

  • http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/squaredots/ (pen and paper are still fancy)
  • http://www.balsamiq.com/ (however that I've also found earlier)

I also started to poke around ubuntuone-java-storageprotocol, but I see I'll really need some pointers from verterok on this.

2 comments:

  1. You might also find Pencil useful, although I don't know if it has an Android mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Checked that, it doesn't have Android mode, though there's some zip archive for GUI prototyping. However it seems to be just a nice background and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete