Thursday, May 6, 2010

Regular update, May 5th

From the User Interface, I have read Declaring Layout and Creating Menus sections.


More importantly, till late night I have talked to Guillermo (verterok at #ubuntuone) about Java implementation of ubuntuone storage protocol. He started it in January (it's still in the +junk ;) ), and though it's missing some features, it already handles get/put, which is great news! This means that, instead of getting dirty (at least for now!) with the low level details, I'll be able to focus on the application itself. verterok has therefore laid some basis on which I can build the Android app, very fortunate :) !


Here I'd like to thank him for his patience and time he spent helping me figure out maven issues, when attempting to compile ubuntuone-java-storageprotocol . I'll finish this entry with triumphal


[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO] ------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 06 02:10:02 CEST 2010

Yup, time to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment